Announcing the first Women in Organic and Natural Products Imbizo: “Organic & Natural Growth Opportunities Africa 2023”
The organisers of the Organic and Natural Products Expo Africa are thrilled to announce the inaugural Women in Organic and Natural Products Imbizo, taking place alongside the Expo on 16 September 2023. Themed “Organic & Natural Growth Opportunities Africa 2023”, the event takes place at Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg and brings together leading professionals, entrepreneurs, activists, and advocates from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
“The Women in Organic and Natural Products Imbizo is an initiative that seeks to share business opportunities for women in this sector, whilst recognising and celebrating the significant contributions women have made,” explains Catherine Larkin of CVLC Communication, the Imbizo spokesperson. “The event will provide a platform for networking, knowledge sharing, and inspiring discussions, whilst encouraging collaboration and fostering a supportive community for women in this niche industry that offers huge growth potential.”
The aims of the Imbizo are to:
- Inform delegates about business opportunities in organic and natural products in the region, Africa and the rest of the world;
- Showcase success stories of women in this sector, sharing their journeys and lessons learned;
- Inspire and motivate women;
- Create a platform for women to engage, share and collaborate for success; and.
- Support market growth by promoting organic and naturalproducts.
Highlights of the Women in Organic and Natural Products Imbizo’s draft programme include:
- Unveiling regional, global and African market trends: exploring the organic and natural sector
- Business opportunities for women in organics and natural products
- Empowered voices: invited speakers share experiences, lessons learned, and triumphs over struggles
- Funding for SMMes
- Fostering lasting connections: Case studies, followed by a structured match-making and networking session
- Award Presentations by Farmer’s Weekly: Female Fresh Produce Farmer of the Year
Confirmed participants include:
- Heidene Lawrence – Founder: Tubby’s Kitchen
- Jane Mackenzie – Founder and CEO: 365 Healthy By Choice Nobantu Mqulwana – Founder of Rising Tide Advisory Services
- Thina Nodada – Chief Executive Officer: Waymaker Trade Solutions
- Janine Ryan – Editor: Farmer’s Weekly
“By providing a platform for women to share their experiences, exchange knowledge, and inspire one another, we aim to contribute to a more equitable and sustainable future,” explains Larkin. “We believe that the Imbizo will be a catalyst for positive change, amplifying the voices of women and empowering them to play an even greater role in shaping the future of our industry.”
Registration for the Women in Organic and Natural Products Imbizo is now open. Registration for the expo costs R50. There is no additional cost to attend the Women’s Imbizo in Organic and Natural Products, but seats are limited and pre-registration is essential. Book now at https://www.organicandnaturalportal.com/womens-imbizo/